In this insightful podcast, Mary, Sean and Tom unravel the mystery behind Barnes & Noble’s enduring success in the face of fierce competition from Amazon. The trio dives into what makes Barnes & Noble stand out in an age where traditional bookstores often struggle.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why emotions matter, even in the seemingly rational world of B2B
- The power of the “opposite-good” positioning strategy
- The usefulness of using segmentation to find unfilled “gaps” in customer needs
Here are some quotes from the team’s discussion:
- ” People were spending three times longer (in bookstores) than in other stores.”
- “You can always find an opposite good to what is owned by the big competitor.”
- ” There’s always a segment that’s going to be underserved by the leader.”
We hope you enjoy the discussion and gain some helpful insights.