In this podcast episode, Mary, Sean and Tom discuss the recent merger between the PGA Tour and LIV Tour in the golf industry. After two earlier episodes focused on the then-current battle between the two tours, this edition discussed their surprising merger that shocked the sports world.
This podcast episode provides insights into the factors behind the PGA Tour and LIV Tour merger, highlighting the importance of innovation, competition, and agility in today’s rapidly changing business landscape. The team explores the implications of the merger from a B2B perspective, including branding, selling into other companies, and lessons learned.
In this episode you will learn:
- How the LIV Tour pushed the PGA Tour to reassess their strengths and capabilities.
- Why the nature of competition is changing, with more cooperative ventures emerging
- How technology has accelerated the pace of industry changes, requiring quick adaptation.
- “Complacency kills. If your business is lackluster you will get beat in the marketplace.”
- “Companies are looking at ways to form alliances with past competitors.”
- “The game has completely changed.. including how industries and marketplaces evolve.”
.We hope you enjoy the discussion and gain some helpful insights.