There are so many different definitions of marketing that it’s difficult to know exactly what the function is responsible for in different organizations. For some companies, marketing plays a strategic role; in others, more tactical.
In this podcast the team describes the different roles they’ve seen marketers play in a variety of companies; and the issues that are raised by not having a clear definition of the specific responsibilities marketers should have in a B2B organization.
In this episode, you will learn:
- The variety of different ways that companies define marketing’s role
- The problems that arise when marketing’s role is un — or under — defined
- How tools and frameworks can help define marketing and improve performance
Here are some quotes from the team’s discussion:
- “We don’t allow improvisation in other functions — why do we allow it in marketing?”
- “GAAP accounting principles is an example of a discipline that still allows discretion.”
- “Marketing tools allow managers to judge whether marketing’s work is good or not!”
We hope you enjoy the discussion and gain some helpful insights.