There are so many different definitions of marketing that it’s difficult to know exactly what the function is responsible for in different organizations. The team goes deeper into a discussion started on a pervious podcast, talking about how marketing is done in different organization and what Marketing’s role looks like when it’s functioning ideally.
In this podcast, the team dives deeper into the need for organizations to be unified in its purpose for marketing; and for marketing to act as the customer advocate while working collaboratively with sales and other departments to drive business success.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How marketing’s role is defined in organizations that get the most from the function
- Why splitting marketing duties into “upstream” and “downstream” focus can work well
- Why customer advocacy is one of the most important duties of the marketing team
Here are some quotes from the team’s discussion:
- “Marketing (must) represent the customer’s view when making internal decisions.”
- “Marketing is about turning customers into advocates and building a brand.”
- “Consider bringing marketing and sales together under a commercialization function”
We hope you enjoy the discussion and gain some helpful insights.