In this fourth episode of the “New Frontiers” season, the team dives deep on how to build a platform strategy. Given that most businesses should be at least experimenting with B2B industry platforms, Mary, Sean and Tom outline the key strategic considerations.
In this episode you will learn:
- The statistics outlining why B2Bs must give industry platforms serious consideration
- Lessons from the dot.com era that are highly relevant to your B2B platform strategy
- Why there must be an executive that oversees both traditional and platform channels
Here are some quotes from the team’s discussion:
- “The platform will be the most price transparent environment you operate in.”
- “B2B platforms provide an opportunity to differentiate your offer from what it is today.”
- “If you aren’t careful with your platform strategy, you’ll end up eating yourself!”
We hope you enjoy the discussion and gain some helpful insights!