In this third episode of the “New Frontiers” season, the team analyzes whether B2B suppliers should join one of the exploding number of industry platforms. These platforms are Amazon-like businesses that aggregate and sell the B2B products of many manufacturers.
The team discusses the pros and cons of joining a platform. In this episode you will learn:
- The key questions you should ask that can drive your ultimate platform decision
- The compelling benefits of successful platforms
- Circumstances when you should pass on platforms and continue to go it alone
Here are some quotes from the team’s discussion:
- “The number of B2B platforms have tripled in the past 24 months!”
- “A key question: will the platform dilute your existing value proposition?”
- “Successful platforms are similar to a really big distributor.”
We hope you enjoy the discussion and gain some helpful insights!