In this thought-provoking episode, the team delves into Claritin’s recent innovative ad campaign. Instead of focusing on the product, Claritin talks about its work to reduce allergies, which would actually decrease its sales!
Mary, Tom and Sean discuss the effectiveness of Claritin’s strategy. Does it work to actually create strategies to reduce the reliance on your products, if it resonates with your audiences’ broader values?
In this episode, you will learn:
- The marketing strategy of preemption, and why it works so well
- How to dissect Claritin’s storytelling strategy and use it to improve your skills
- The pros and cons of pursuing a strategy similar to Claritin’s
Here are some quotes from the team’s discussion:
- “This works because Claritin believes that they’re helping to solve a problem here.”
- “Even if you’re in B2B industries, think about customer values and emotions.”
- “Claritin is focusing on environmental stewardship instead of product attributes.”
We hope you enjoy the discussion and gain some helpful insights.