It’s a great question – can a great strategy change a company’s culture for the better? The team concludes that a healthy strategic process can drive changes in how a company behaves with each other internally and externally with customers. Listen in to hear the details.
A healthy strategic process includes a focus on customers, cross-functional participation, debate, great facilitation and aligned decision-making. Companies that want to improve their culture often find that these are the exact things they want to change about the current state.
In this episode, you will learn:
- The key first step for any company that wants to change their culture
- The case for why a solid strategic process can improve company culture
- Instructive cases about culture from J&J, GE and Enron
Here are some quotes from the team’s discussion:
- “Collaboration is the intersection of culture and strategy.”
- “A strategic process is a great laboratory for modeling a new culture.”
- “If you really want to understand your current state culture, ask customers!”
We hope you enjoy the discussion and gain some helpful insights.