In the fast-paced world of innovation, the electric vehicle (EV) market has hit a speed bump, catching the attention of marketing leaders seeking insights into the uneven trajectory of industry advancements. Mary, Sean and Tom explore the nuances of slowing EV sales, using a strategic marketing lens to extract valuable lessons for businesses launching new platforms.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How the Gartner Hype Cycle helps you understand where a technology stands
- How to apply the “Crossing the Chasm” model to tailor marketing strategies
- How to navigate challenges beyond immediate control with influence maps
Here are some quotes from the team’s discussion:
- “You’re in this Catch-22 (waiting for the EV infrastructure to catch up)”
- “This thing called ‘the trough of disillusionment’ may be where we’re at with EVs”
- ” We haven’t seen a really cheap utilitarian sort of EV car (yet).”
We hope you enjoy the discussion and gain some helpful insights.