Inflationary levels not seen since the 1970’s are creating big economic challenges, and many businesses are looking to their marketers for strategic options. This new podcast season explores how inflationary times drive a range of approaches that marketers can use to help their companies navigate in these unique circumstances.
Mary, Tom and Sean discuss how upwardly spiraling prices bring opportunities for businesses as well as substantial risks. Listeners will learn several steps for immediately reducing their risk, maintaining strong customer relationships and protecting margins
In this episode, you will learn:
- What “shrinkflation” is and why it’s an important concept in inflationary times
- Why marketers must improve their levels of financial-savvy in these times
- Why Porter’s Five Forces analysis can be so powerful right now
Here are some quotes from the team’s discussion:
- “There’s no better thing to have in inflationary times than a strong brand.”
- “In times of limited supply, Marketing can help decide which customers get the stuff!”
- “Now can be the best time to think about de-featuring your products.”
We hope you enjoy the discussion and gain some helpful insights!