The seemingly permanent increase in virtual B2B sales calls will revitalize needs-based segmentation as a strategy. Many marketing-designed segmentation strategies were deemed “impractical” by sales teams in the past.
But virtual sales calls will provide data points and opportunities for more sales call participation by Marketing. This will allow Marketing and Sales to collaborate and adjust segmentation strategies to work in “the real world.” When executed well, segmentation boost sales, deepens customer relationships and leads to a host of additional benefits.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Which sales reps to involve in revitalizing your segmentation strategy
- Why segmenting the sales force can lead to better territory management
- How matching up customer segments and sales force specialties can optimize results
Here are some quotes from the team’s discussion:
- “Segmentation in a virtual sales world might eliminate geographic territories!”
- “The cost to involve subject matter experts in sales calls is radically decreasing.”
- “The trend towards more virtual sales enables Marketing to play an ‘orchestrator’ role.”
We hope you enjoy the discussion and gain some helpful insights!