Despite record sales, Pfizer recently announced big cuts to its sales force. The reasons relate directly to customer needs — many physicians prefer virtual meetings, which Pfizer — and many companies with B2B sales force — believe can be executed with fewer sales personnel.
What does this have to do with Marketing? A lot! Virtual sales calls will help marketers participate and analyze what really goes on at the point-of-B2B-sale. This will lead to more practical, powerful marketing strategies that will bolster the entire commercial function.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How virtual sales calls help make marketing strategies more practical
- Why this shift to virtual will lead to unprecedented sales effectiveness
- The different ways that Marketing will add new value to virtual sales efforts
Here are some quotes from the team’s discussion:
- “While this shift won’t bring a ‘hard stop’ to in person sales, it will be significant.”
- “The entire organization will have new insight into what really goes on in a sales call.”
- “Segmentation, positioning and value prop strategies will be more ‘reality based’.”
We hope you enjoy the discussion and gain some helpful insights!