In this episode, the team discusses the strategy behind Disney+ and its impact on the streaming market. They analyze why Disney decided to create its own streaming service instead of licensing its content. This provides lessons for B2Bs who are considering supplementing their distribution channel with direct-to-end-user communication to create pull-through demand.
Listen in as the hosts explain how Disney+ will soon overtake Netflix in terms of subscribers in the near future, and why the case is so instructive for B2B companies wanting to boost – not replace – their salesforce.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why companies that prioritize customer intimacy should study Disney+
- The secrets to Disney+ success and what B2Bs can copy in their approach
- How Disney’s strategic acquisitions allowed them to create compelling content
Here are some quotes from the team’s discussion:
- “The capital of a customer intimate provider is customer knowledge”
- “Content (is) king, and you don’t get (it) if you’re not tapped into customers.”
- “Netflix may have to accept their fate as pioneers who didn’t capture all the markets”